Yesterday, my parents, sister and I went to the beach. It was a half an hour drive, but if your child has ASD or ADHD, then they may not enjoy it without a few items.
So today’s blog is all about how to make sure your Autistic child is happy whilst in a car.
- Take something for your child to fidget with. For example, a stress ball.
- Take sunglasses in case the sun is shining.
- Show your child where you are going before hand so that they aren’t upset that they don’t know where about they are.
- Make sure your child is comfortable in their seat beforehand.
- Play music to keep your child entertained.
- Talk to your child about the place you are going to and why you are going.
- Make them go to the toilet before leaving.
- Check that there is a toilet at the place or nearby.
I hope these will be helpful for when you are going places.
Thanks for reading!